This position reports to: IT Manager
Areas of responsibility include the following:
• As a software lead, you will be involved in designing, reviewing, coding features that enable our Digital workplace.
• You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (IoT, Cloud, modern web, Mobile, Social, Security Software and services) while engineering as a DevOps in a highly automated environment with Continuous Integration & Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry that helps us monitor our service and helps diagnose and resolve issues quickly.
• Setting tasks and development goals.
• Lead a team of Software Developers.
• Hold the team and individuals accountable for results by providing clarity.
• Provide expertise and lead the design and implementation of Operating and Business Software Services.
• Guide developers in implementation and conduct regular code review.
• Drive a DevOps culture establishing top engineering processes/practices.
• Energize people by motivating and infusing optimism.
• Drive an inclusive culture within and external to team.
• Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
• Designing, coding, and implementing scalable applications.
• Testing and debugging code.
• Reviewing website interface and software stability.
• Troubleshooting software issues.
• Providing systems training to staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
• 10+ years of experience delivering scalable and resilient services and applications.
• Experience managing a team of developers.
• Experience in senior business stakeholder’s management for critical programs.
• Proven track record of building enterprise scale services on cloud platform.
• Experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) with the ability to perform multiple roles (Developer, Scrum Master).
• 10+ years of full-stack development software development experience.
• 10+ years of C# (or equivalent) experience with the ability to contribute to technical architecture across web/mobile, middle tier, and data components.
• 5+ years of experience of leading software engineering team.
• 5+ years of experience designing secure, scalable and cost-efficient PaaS services on the AWS EC2 or Microsoft Azure platform.
• Experience in building mobile applications for iOS and/or Android platform using React Native, Android Studio, Swift, Objective C is a great plus.
• Experience with microservices and serverless architectures.
• Passion for innovation and a vision for how technology can add ambient intelligence to the workplace.
• Experience shaping a DevOps culture with a vision for building and nurturing an innovative culture while maintaining a Live Site focus.
• Capability to work independently on the most complex code contributions of a feature.
• Knowledge of AS400 DB2 databases and RPG programming.
• SharePoint application development.
• QlikView or BI data modelling.
• Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
Should you be interested, please submit your application to Chantal Gordon (011 928 2111) in the HR Department or email your application to Jobs@cbi-electric.com on or before 03 September 2020.