This position reports to: Head Designer - Electrical
Main Purpose: Design integrated electronics for new CBI products (smart circuit breakers and energy metering).
- Electronic design (Conception, design, simulation, specify bill of materials, assembly, integration, documentation) of assemblies or systems for use in:
- Products for electrical protection and energy metering.
- Test equipment to support manufacturing processes.
- Liaise with internal and external role players (e.g. Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Project Management, Certification, Tool Design, Procurement, Suppliers, Sales, Export) to support innovation, design and manufacturing.
- Provide ad hoc support to all the role players.
- Perform failure analysis investigations for quality improvements and implement corrective actions.
- May be required to occasionally travel to customers, suppliers or CBI’s other sites.
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Minimum BSc (Eng.) / BEng degree in Electrical/Electronics
- Experience in mixed signal design and circuit layout
- Experience in writing software / embedded firmware
- Relevant Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of IoT networking, system integration and database design
- Experience in data acquisition and processing
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated, taking ownership of projects and working unsupervised
- Work independently and in a team as required
Should you be interested, please submit your application via email on Jobs@cbi-electric.com on or before 15 January 2021.
"Should you not hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date, please take it that your application has not been successful".