TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Governed by the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines established by the Company and Management; the sales team is to generate sales of CBI services and products and achieving the targeted cost/revenue ratio; and to provide professional, prompt and reliable service to the existing and potential customer base.
The Key performance areas of the Technical Sales Representative are:
- Market and Promote the CBI product range to all players in the industry within his/her assigned area of responsibility. These will include but are not limited to:
- Specifying Authorities
- Eskom & Municipalities
- Industry end users
- Consulting Engineers
- Electrical Contractors
- Electrical Wholesalers
- Conduct training and discuss product development as to ensure that all re-sellers, users and specifiers of CBI products are fully aware of the entire product range and are technically informed and kept up to date with the latest information.
- Identity potential opportunities for new markets through market research and sales leads. Participate in the development of appropriate sales strategies.
- Develop call plans based upon sales initiatives and geographic location of account; achieve account goals and implementing business/sales strategies.
- Compile and maintain a comprehensive and up to date customer list for the assigned area.
- Compile and maintain a comprehensive and up to date project list for the assigned area.
- Keep management informed of market changes and trends, which may affect our business, especially with regard to our competitors. Track and report on competitive influence and market conditions in the territory and recommend actions to counteract competitive activities.
- Assist marketing in installing, updating and advertising material, campaigns, special promotions, launches etc.
- Assist with shows, exhibitions, launches etc. and conducting comprehensive and relevant feedback with regards to the outcome of such events.
- Manage customer relations with regards to customers return goods or credit and or repairs. Making sure that the customer receives appropriate feedback and that a professional customer experience is maintained at all times.
- Communicate order information to CBI Sales Admin and Customer administration to ensure timely processing of customer orders.
- Project a positive and professional image when representing the Company.
- Attend team meetings, planning and review meetings to help forecast sales and develop strategies for closing sales cycles.
- Conduct periodic post-sale customer care to answer customer questions, solve customer problems and to maintain a rapport with customers.
- Grade 12
- Electrical Trade
- Valid Driver’s License
- Be willing to travel
- At least 2 years’ experience in a technical sales environment
- Knowledge of SANS 556.1 / IEC 60947 – 2 and SANS 10142